Sunday, 15 March 2015


On Saturday, March 7, it was my honor to attend a banquet in Atlanta, Georgia, honoring the great Southern author Tito Perdue.

At the event, organized and hosted by Counter-Currents editor Greg Johnson, Mr. Perdue delivered a memorable speech, in which he laid out a delightfully whimsical, savagely fantastical vision of the future, which closely resembled the bizarre and wondrous dystopias he concocted in his recent novels The Node and Reuben (the latter of which I had the privilege of helping to edit for Radix). Read Tito's speech here.

To help commemorate the man who whose literary greatness will one day surely be acknowledged – and whose novels will be required reading in freshman-level English classes once this present darkness is dispelled and civilization finally gets re-established – I am re-running this conversation I had with Tito in early 2013, in which I queried him concerning his then just-published The Node, and during which I had the privilege of him querying me about my much-lesser work Under the Nihil.

No comments:

Post a Comment