Andy and Colin are joined by Ann Sterzinger to discuss the Islamic terrorist attack on Paris, and whether the West's negative culture of "freedom" will ultimately submit to the crude positivism of Islam, or whether Europe will start to define itself positively and fight back.
- Eyewitness accounts of the "Friday the 13th" terrorist attacks in Paris
- ISIS claims responsibility for attacks, promises more to come
- One suspect identified: manhunt underway...all other attackers reported dead
- Salon.com reports that the real tragedy is the "hate speech" of the Right!
- Eagles of Death Metal, the band playing during the attack, cover Duran Duran's "Save a Prayer"
- Michel Houellebecq's novel Submission, about an Islamicized France of the near future
- Octave Mirbeau's novel In the Sky, translated into English by Ann Sterzinger
- Music by Colin Liddell
0:00:00 Intro music
0:00:30 French flag filters
0:03:45 Outline of events
0:12:40 Conspiracy theories
0:22:30 Houellebecq's Submission
0:36:20 Bloodbath at the Bataclan
0:39:25 Venting on the internet
0:47:00 Start of World War III?
0:54:00 Hidden imperialism and displaced nationalism
1:02:30 Islam or Nationalism?
1:13:20 Anti-PC backlash
1:20;20 Outro music